(translated with Deepl)
The world is out of joint. The Corona Pandemic is a global epidemiological event of unprecedented magnitude. We are witnessing an unprecedented historical phenomenon in which the whole of humanity is taking up the fight against a virus or a disease in an unprecedented act of solidarity. This is taking place despite the fact that it is not even clear what disadvantages each individual will suffer in the process, and the extent of the economic damage is far from clear. So much for one side of the coin.
THE REVERSAL OF ALL VALUES
But there is also the other side: Covid-19 could lead to what Friedrich Nietzsche called the “reversal of all values”. The shutdown, which almost all countries on the planet have initiated, will change our lives for quite some time. But not only in the negative. Because it will calm it down, decelerate it and lower our stress levels, it will bring families together and let us arrive back at our homes, reduce CO2 emissions and thereby relieve our climate, come to the aid of the oceans and animals. It will also force the world of work to innovate, we will have to question global strategies and think in completely new ways. But most importantly, it will lift our humanity, empathy, helpfulness and charity into another dimension. We will reflect on new or perhaps old values. Therein lies the chance that this pandemic holds in store for us humans while the earth can catch its breath.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
During the last week, I received countless phone calls that lead me to this letter. Without doubt your health is our top priority and of course we are there for you as always. We have set up a TELEPHONE or SKYPE TALKING HOUR. In order that there is as little waiting time as possible, please call or write us briefly, my team will give you a personal appointment.
Whether you have questions about a corona infection, the new test methods, other medical topics or meditation, we will support you in this difficult situation for all of us. Please do not hesitate to contact us even if you are not feeling well. As you know, Ayurvedic medicine always sees the whole person.
THE THREE PILLARS
At this point I would like to introduce you to the three pillars of prevention against Covid-19 infection on which Ayurvedic medicine is based:
1. hygiene 2. strengthening of the immune system 3. mental strength
In addition, Ayurvedic medicine naturally also has a comprehensive arsenal of holistic and personalized therapeutic measures that we can fall back on in the event of an infection.
Let us start with some additions to the official hygiene instructions.
PAY ATTENTION TO HYGIENE
– Why isolation?
Why is isolation and two meters distance important? An infected person with a strong immune system does not even notice that he is infected and infects an average of 3 people. Children remain infected for up to 5 weeks! This is how the exponential curves of new infections are created. Distance brings the greatest security.
– What’s better than a handshake?
Namaste – the traditional Indian greeting, for which you close your hands as if in prayer and bow slightly to the person opposite you, means: The divine in me greets the divine in you. Can a greeting be expressed more beautifully?
– Why is soap our best ally in the fight against Covid-19?
Vegetable or animal fats in the soap are converted to alkali salts of fatty acids by adding alkaline solutions. The surfactants can destroy the fat membrane of viruses – yes, even of CoV-2. Important: wash your hands particularly thoroughly. Rough spots and wrinkles must be cleaned completely, for at least 20 seconds, including the spaces between the fingers and under the nails. Special attention should be paid to the fingertips and thumbs, as this is where most germs are located.
In public washrooms the use of disposable towels is recommended. Germs are carried into the air by hand dryers and can settle on surfaces again.
– Disinfect your mobile phone regularly, you have it permanently near your face.
– Clean door handles and frequently used surfaces regularly. Wash your clothes often or hang them in the sun.
– Wear gloves when you leave the house, you will touch your mouth and nose less. Practice touching your face as little as possible. At the beginning of last century, this was part of good style.
– Drink hot water, herbal tea or lemon water with honey every 15-30 minutes. This will flush the viruses out of the throat and into the stomach, where they destroy the stomach acid formed by the mucous membranes. The virus takes about 3 days to reach the lungs.
THE BEST PROTECTIVE SHIELD
With all the recommendations that reach us via the media, we clearly do not know what we can do to strengthen our immune system. Ayurvedic, in combination with modern medicine, has a variety of strategies that we should use now. Then even an infection would lead to a mild course. I have therefore put together an immune booster kit, which you are welcome to order from us.
ALERT IMMUNE SYSTEM
“The pathogen is nothing, the terrain is everything. Louis Pasteur
– There is an abundance of ayurvedic medicinal plants that strengthen the immune system. In the preparations Amrit Kalash MA 4 or Ayur-Immun they are combined in such a way that they intensify their effect.
– Vitamin D produces your body’s own antibiotic. Every cell has a vitamin D receptor. You should take 50 units per kg body weight daily, e.g. 3500 units for 70 kg. If you supplement on a weekly basis, your body must first mobilize vitamin D from its stores. Give it to him daily – I recommend drops right now – then he can have it immediately.
– Vitamin C is essential at the moment. It is important for a whole range of antiviral processes in the body. Without vitamin C there is no effective barrier function of skin and mucous membranes.
– Also zinc. It is actively involved in the formation of defence cells. Even if a pathogen is already in the system, zinc helps to combat it. Furthermore, this trace element is essential for the neutralization of free radicals.
– Scented essences such as eucalyptus, clove oil, lavender, rosemary or bergamot protect our mucous membranes. The Nature Protect fragrance oil was specially developed to defend against viruses.
– Pay attention to a high-quality diet, do not overload your digestive tract and ensure that your bowels are emptied daily. 70% of your immune system works in the intestine. With interval fasting, the 16/8 rule (wait 16 hours after the last evening meal until the next meal), you relieve your digestive tract and strengthen your immune system. The same applies to light breakfast and early, warm dinner without meat and raw vegetables, with a midday main meal and lots of vegetables. Spices such as turmeric, ginger, thyme, oregano, pepper, cloves or laurel also support the immune functions.
LIGHT AIR WATER
– Go out into the fresh air daily, corona viruses are transmitted in crowded rooms, not outdoors. In your apartment you have about 500 lux at your disposal, under the open sky up to 50 000 lux at noon – with a daily increase as spring approaches. Light makes you healthy.
– Kneipp cured himself of tuberculosis with hot-cold ablutions. Why? Strong alternating temperatures stimulate the body in such a way that it trains the defence against pathogens. The physician and physicist Dr. Bernhard Uehleke from the Charité in Berlin: “With a time expenditure of 1 minute the body can be protected against infections and even hardened against stress”.
– Ventilate well so that your mucous membranes do not dry out and become more susceptible to viruses and bacteria. Integrate mucous membrane care into your morning routine. This includes, for example, pulling oil for 5-10 minutes with a sip of sesame oil (then spit it out) and a drop of sesame oil in each nostril to cleanse the mouth, throat and respiratory tract and strengthen the gums. Mucous membranes should be moist and supple. If they dry out – viruses can settle down.
– Moderate exercise, if possible at least 3-4 times per week. I recommend to exercise according to your type. A Pitta Power type should exercise differently than a sensitive Vata type. Stimulate your circulation and blood flow, take deep breaths and thus lower the concentration of inflammation markers in the organism. If you work yourself out until you are exhausted, you will weaken your immune system.
MENS SANA IN CORPORE SANO
“It is the spirit that builds the body. Friedrich Schiller
Fear and panic weaken our defences. Joy, optimism, good mood, enthusiasm, laughter strengthen them. Certainly we do not feel like laughing at the moment. Nevertheless, we should work on keeping our confidence. That is why mental strength is particularly important in times of crisis. What can we do for sovereignty, inner peace, stress resistance, resilience and an optimistic attitude?
– Meditation is the best means for this. Whatever meditation technique you have learned, practice it regularly now. As you know, I am a big fan of Transcendental Meditation (TM), on whose effects on the cardiovascular system I wrote my doctoral thesis. Nothing gives you deeper peace. TM is easy to learn and practice, is scientifically well documented and comes from the millennia-old tradition of yoga. So: If you cannot go out now, go within!
– Sleep purifies our mind and activates the regeneration processes in our body as well as the purification system in our brain, the glymphatic system. If you have built up a sleep deficit over a longer period of time, now is the time to make up for it. Sleep until you wake up on your own without setting an alarm clock. Lack of sleep weakens the immune system. Use the quarantine to get some real rest. Give in to your need to sleep. At first you will feel even more tired, but then comes the point where you feel fresh and full of power. Go to bed as early as possible – sleeping before midnight counts double!
– Practice light yoga exercises. These stretching exercises will make your body supple and harmonize your mind.
– As far as possible, deal with positive things – not just the horror stories of these days. They put pressure on our mood, our mind and our immune system.
– Give a smile to the people you meet when you go for a walk or shopping or during a video conference. You will get it back. And also wave to the bus and tram driver, they will thank you for this sign of appreciation.
Even if you can’t implement all of these recommendations at once, start with a few. In the course of time, you may feel like following a few more tips.
I will offer zoom lectures in the coming weeks. Maybe you would like to attend one of these online conferences.
If you wish, we will keep you informed. Please also check my website.
Enjoy a quiet, sunny weekend. Stay healthy and confident!
Your Ulrich Bauhofer
For questions of any kind –
please call us
089 – 2104 3695
or contact us via email
Dr.med. Ulrich Bauhofer