About school projects in Chikago.
“We took all of the lowest performing students and put them into one special class… that class is now above the highest performing class that we have… The data’s there.”— Margaret Brissett-Bolt, Principal Holy Trinity High School Jamaica, Former Official of the Ministry of Education, Leading Jamaican Educator
Improving Student and School Performance, Reducing Violence, Giving Hope, Creating a New Model for Jamaican Education
The David Lynch Foundation and the Jamaica Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education are working with schools, educational leaders, parents, and community organizations to:
• Improve school climate and academic outcomes
• Bring the healing effects of the TM technique to highly challenged students from broken homes and stress-ridden, violent neighborhoods
• Empower students to become the best that they can be
• Implement a student and school development program which can effectively solve Jamaica’s educational crisis
• Create the first, permanent, Consciousness-Based Education program in Jamaica and the Caribbean, and establish a permanent peace-creating group for the Caribbean Nations
See new brochure on http://dl.globalgoodnews.com/pdf/CBE-research-new.pdf
Taddy Blecher, Director of Maharishi Institute, Johannesburg:
“The future of education is around this concept of mass personalisation, which is about education getting down to the level of every individual (their wants, needs, skills, abilities, talent, etc)…and education does not do that today.” …
One thing Blecher picked up from this was the art of meditation, which he says transformed how his mind worked.
“I went from not being able to concentrate at all, to being able to study for 14 hours on end,” he explains. “My mind was alive.”
He went on to take the rest of his actuarial exams (taking six in one year, which was unheard of), passed them all, and even got the top Honours mark in the country.
“My professor came to me and said: how did an idiot like you become an actuary?” …
Read full article: http://www.moneyweb.co.za/in-depth/watch-how-an-idiot-became-an-actuary/
… promotiing the Quiet Time Program in schools. Please visit Center for Wellness and Achievement in Education.